Mr Witcher orginally represented the defendant in respect to drug matters before the Crown Court (thereafter acting succesfully in the Court of Appeal). Those proceedings gave rise to numerous restraint and confiscation issues. Following the same, and the return to the defendant of signifcant restrained assets, HMRC carried out a retrospective tax enquiry, declaring that almost £200,000 had been earned and upon which no tax had been paid. Mr Witcher, recognised for his expertise in financial and buisness crime, was instructed to secure a settlement with HMRC. Mr Witcher took conduct of negotiations with HMRC and in due course following representations and meetings, HMRC agreed that the tax liability was closer to £10,000 and that the penalty would be settled by way of minimal interest. This latest favourable result concluded this long running case for the defendant. Counsel was privately instructed by TIna Donoghue of Powell Spencer and Partners, London.
- Yasin Patel achieves successful appeal in Fraud & Money Laundering Case January 19, 2018
- Chiara Maddocks secures dramatic acquittal in serious sexual assault trial at the Central Criminal Court. December 22, 2017
- Kerim Fuad QC wins another high profile trial December 19, 2017
- Michael Polak Succeeds in Human Rights Case against Prison for Failure to Provide Kosher Meals December 12, 2017
- Joanna Toch secures wife a share of over half the assets invading non-matrimonial property December 8, 2017