Michael Polak, working alongside Shkar Kider of Kesar and Co Solicitors, successfully settled a human right claim against the Ministry of Justice which is responsible for the administration of HM Prison Parkhurst. The claimant in this case is a long-serving prisoner who practises a strict adherence to a kosher diet and has been doing so since he was a child. Upon conviction, the claimant was held at a number of prisons where, after making his religious beliefs clear to the staff, he was provided with two kosher meals per day. When the claimant was transferred to HMP Parkhurst, despite telling staff about his religious dietary requirements, he was only provided with one kosher meal a day. This continued for the 13 months he was held at this institution. The claim was made under the Human Rights Act and the Equality Act 2010.
- Michael Polak Speaks on International Law in Parliamentary Launch of Myanmar Report March 15, 2018
- Church Court Trio Spearhead Efforts to Bring Accountability for Situation in Myanmar March 13, 2018
- Yasin Patel instructed in Multi handed murder at the Old Bailey March 6, 2018
- Yasin Patel secures acquittal at the Old Bailey on high profile terrorism case March 5, 2018
- Alex Balancy secures the acquittal of his professional celebrity cage fighter client after a 6-week trial. February 26, 2018