Michael Polak, working alongside Shkar Kider of Kesar and Co Solicitors, successfully settled a human right claim against the Ministry of Justice which is responsible for the administration of HM Prison Parkhurst. The claimant in this case is a long-serving prisoner who practises a strict adherence to a kosher diet and has been doing so since he was a child. Upon conviction, the claimant was held at a number of prisons where, after making his religious beliefs clear to the staff, he was provided with two kosher meals per day. When the claimant was transferred to HMP Parkhurst, despite telling staff about his religious dietary requirements, he was only provided with one kosher meal a day. This continued for the 13 months he was held at this institution. The claim was made under the Human Rights Act and the Equality Act 2010.
- City Insurance Broker Represented by Lewis Power QC Cleared of s18 October 19, 2018
- Michael Polak Speaks on the Rule of Law at Voice for Bangladesh Meeting held at the House of Lords October 18, 2018
- George Hepburne-Scott Instructed in High-Profile Albanian Murder Extradition Appeal October 18, 2018
- Church Court Chambers’ Barrister Robert Newcombe Concludes Love Triangle Murder Case with Common Assault Incitement October 11, 2018
- Diana Constantinide Speaks About the Myanmar Situation with Amnesty International October 8, 2018