Michael Polak, working alongside Shkar Kider of Kesar and Co Solicitors, successfully settled a human right claim against the Ministry of Justice which is responsible for the administration of HM Prison Parkhurst. The claimant in this case is a long-serving prisoner who practises a strict adherence to a kosher diet and has been doing so since he was a child. Upon conviction, the claimant was held at a number of prisons where, after making his religious beliefs clear to the staff, he was provided with two kosher meals per day. When the claimant was transferred to HMP Parkhurst, despite telling staff about his religious dietary requirements, he was only provided with one kosher meal a day. This continued for the 13 months he was held at this institution. The claim was made under the Human Rights Act and the Equality Act 2010.
- LEWIS POWER QC SECURES UNANIMOUS ACQUITTAL IN EXPENSES FRAUD CASE. January 15, 2019
- Andrew Taylor on BBC Radio Essex today (15th January) at 5:05pm January 15, 2019
- Andrew Taylor to appear on Jeremy Vine Show Radio 2 at 1pm on 10th January. Discussion will be on Gross Negligence Manslaughter. January 10, 2019
- Kerim Fuad QC Wins Again – 10 Acquittals in his Last 11 Homicide Trials. January 7, 2019
- Kevin Molloy gets Conviction Overturned at the Court of Appeal December 21, 2018